Monday, May 4, 2009

The Verdict Is In On Podcasting

The results of the poll are pretty conclusive. People who follow my blog are much more interested in seeing me concentrate all my efforts on writing new material as opposed to splitting my time between that and audio books or podcasting.

There was a little interest in hearing me podcast, so I'm not going to completely rule that out. If I ever have something that would be best presented verbally instead of in a typed format I'll do it, but for the time being you'll have to read what I'm thinking instead of listen to it.

What was surprising about the results was how few people were interested in audio books. Considering I don't have what I see as a good reading voice, I'm not disappointed.

Polls are fantastic, they give me the opportunity to get an idea of what you want and whenever necessary I'll continue to check in and give you the chance to shape what I produce.

The next poll will help me decide which book I'll be working on after Spinward Fringe Frontline is out. I have a few outlines and am doing research on several possibilities, including another 2-3 Spinward Fringe books. I love writing and have a few projects ready to start right after I finish organizing my Spinward Fringe notes and making sure Frontline is as good as it can be before it gets posted on Mobipocket or submitted to Amazon.com.

Thank you for voting and for supporting me. Without you I would be working in a call center somewhere instead of writing full time. In return I'm happy to make you all as much of a part of the creative process as is possible!

While you're waiting for Spinward Fringe Frontline to be released, I'm wondering if there are any other topics you'd like to weigh in on. If you have an idea for a (non-spoiler), poll, leave a comment!

6 comments:

Scott said...

I need an audiobook version of this series so bad, but I would prefer a professional narrator because a narrator can make or break an audiobook.

Scott Brick is the greatest narrator of all time.

Lizzie Anderson said...

My vote is for audio books! My favorite narrators are Michael Kramer and Simon Vance.

epjol111 said...

i'd love n audiobook too! i've been recommending your books to to to-read stacks of everyone i know for years, but a lot of them have trouble reading, so an audiobook would help them out a lot.

Unknown said...

John Ringo. That's all you need for a good audio book

Unknown said...

I would rebuy All of them!!! $$$$$$$$

Anonymous said...

Loved this series and have recommended it to anyone who’d listen. When little ones started popping up in my life I had to shift from reading books to listening (audible for me). Sucks but there it is... I’d start the series all over again if these became available on audible. I check every now and then to see if this has happened.
Please consider audio format at some point. Agree with what others have said... narrators can make or break a book. Use a professional.