Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hey SyFy! Here's Your Next Space Opera!

So, someone said I should short pitch Spinward Fringe as the next great SyFy Channel Space Opera.

Battlestar Galactica is gone, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis are over. They say Stargate Universe isn't going to be a big enough show to fill the shoes that Farscape left empty years ago, and they're looking for the next great SyFy Space Opera. (For the record, I'm looking forward to Stargate Universe).

Weeeeelll here it is!!

Spinward Fringe!

I posted a short proposal with a brief thematic overview on their forums here: http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2335588 and I'm calling all my readers from every end of the world to post and demand that the SyFy Channel buy the television rights to Spinward Fringe and boot this bugger up as a full on Space Opera extravaganza (YES!! I SAID IT!! EXTRAVAGANZA!!) of a Television series!!

Calling all Fringers! It's time to bring the rest of the world out here with us on the Fringe! Post on your blogs! Comment on your bboards! Submit stories to the media outlets! Contact your cable providers (well, maybe wait until there's actually a show...), do whatever you can to get attention so at the very least the world knows we're here, we're reading, we're blogging, twittering, Facebooking, and all twitchy in general about getting the Spinward Fringe on television!

Am I crazy? Doctors did not conclude that I was a serious threat to myself or others, so probably not! Now go post on the SyFy boards! http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2335588
Feel free to steal the banner below and post it wherever you want!

See you on the Fringe!

RL

[The latest Spinward Fringe novel, Broadcast 5: Rogue Element, is over half finished, more on that later!]


No comments: