Monday, September 7, 2009

The First Spinward Fringe Trailer

It took the weekend, but after assembling choice bits of audio and all the useful images I have from Spinward Fringe I managed to cobble together an early trailer for the Spinward Fringe Series. The image design took less time than I thought it would, and I managed to take first crack at a cover for a book that's in long term development.

For anyone who happens to be a long time reader of the series, the second background image is a huge hint as to the subject of the book I'm developing as I write the regular Spinward Fringe series.

Here's the video:



[A quick note to the author who asked me where I "stole" the graphics from: Any images, music, or audio clips I didn't generate myself were acquired legally from the current rights holders. I have full legal entitlement to all materials contained in the video and it cost less than $9.00 total. There was a great deal of design work done as well, the resulting images are copyright protected.]

I couldn't have done it without your reviews as well as the video and audio I've received from you. The teaser would be half silent if it weren't for Allan, Geoff, J and Ross. My goal while creating the video was to convey enthusiasm, and to get the viewer excited about the books. It's hard to find people who can sound enthusiastic about anything, harder than most people think, and I'm happy I had enough footage to more than fill the 40 or so seconds.

This video is just an example of the kind of thing I'd like to do using the video and audio you send in for the Video Drive and Book Draw will go towards a larger, more complete video. This one is more like a teaser.

I hope you enjoy the video and that the word spreads even further about the series. Oh, and I apologize to the people who posted comments and rated the video while it was still in the test / proofing phase. Your comments may be gone, but they're not forgotten. Okay, well, maybe they'll be forgotten, you might want to post them again.

RL

[Is the teaser / trailer effective? Do you think people will get excited and or curious about the series?]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

+++1 for John Ringo to produce an audiobook for the series! I see the greatness!
Take my money!

For the audio book of course

Unknown said...

+++1 for John Ringo to produce an audiobook for the series! I see the greatness!
Take my money!

For the audio book of course

Unknown said...

Actually mark boyyet narratored John Ringo's book, but yeah mark boyyet would be perfect

Unknown said...

Actually mark boyyet narratored John Ringo's book, but yeah mark boyyet would be perfect

Unknown said...

Actually mark boyyet narratored John Ringo's book, but yeah mark boyyet would be perfect