Friday, June 19, 2009

Spinward Fringe Frontline Hits Number 1 and Four More Months...

Thaaat's right, after selling 97 copies in under three weeks on Mobipocket, Spinward Fringe Frontline is now the number one book on the site. The First Light Chronicles Omnibus (where this whole series found its beginning), is number four.

Being number one anywhere is a telling sign. For a new stand alone book (one that isn't part of a series), it means that publicity, author popularity and word of mouth worked. For a book that's at the far end of a series like Spinward Fringe Frontline is, it means that there were enough people looking and waiting for it to propel it to the top of the list. For that, I thank you!

Omnibus being at number 4 on the Mobipocket overall top ten means that the word is still spreading, that you're still talking about your experience with that and the Spinward Fringe series. I have to take a minute to thank you for that as well. The glowing testimonials on the site are a huge help too.

While I'm on the topic of reviews, there's something I've been meaning to mention. If you have a blog or website or have seen a review done on any of my work, please drop me an email or leave a comment on any of my blog posts so I can link to it from my websites. If someone takes the time to review one of my books I'll gladly take the time to share my audience with them by adding a link here. I have to take a moment to thank the SomaCow crew, who haven't seen me lately because I've been rediculously busy as of late, thanks again for continuing to mention me and for looking forward to the printed edition of Frontline.

There's one other thing I really have to talk about before I go. Most authors see the topic of money as taboo, but then, most authors with an audience also have an agent and publisher(s). If you haven't guessed already, I do things a little differently than most. So, on to the topic of money. Thanks to the people who have been buying my books and the two donations I've recieved over the last two and a half months I'll be able to keep writing full time for another four months by the end of this quarter (July 1, 2009 is the beginning of the next quarter). There is a minimum I have to earn so I don't have to go find a part or full time job and I'm glad to say that as of yesterday I hit it! With only two weeks left in this quarter that's cutting it a little close, but I'm not complaining. Thank you everyone, I hope you're all enjoying my work!

What's going on right now? Well I've also socked away just enough to put my order in with Amazon.com so they'll start digitally stocking the master files for Spinward Fringe Frontline and print copies as people order them. There's no fee for them to do this for me, but shipping the proof (which I have to review before anyone can order a copy), costs more than you'd expect.

I'm also finishing work on a supernatural short today. I don't know if it's any good, but it's controversial and very cinematic in nature. It's not unussual for me to be unsure of a work's enjoyability as I finish it, that's one of the reasons why I have test readers. I'll have much more info on this as my proof readers and editor gets through with it some time next week. Hopefully I've written something decent and not given birth to a great big turkey. (Turkey = Boring, cheesy, silly piece of work that isn't worth saving).

After that I'm back to work on Spinward Fringe Rogue Element full time, which is looking pretty good so far.

Thank you again for four more months of writing full time. Everyone who bought a book (on Mobipocket, Kindle, Lulu, Amazon.com), or spread the word had a hand in it and I'd shake every one if I could reach far enough. You'll have to settle for more fiction as your reward.

RL

No comments: